Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies,mainly on the internet,but also including mobile phone,display advertising and any other digital medium.A digital platforms are increasingly incorporated in to marketing plans and every day life and as people use digital device,it campaign are becoming more prevelant.
Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media and differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns .
Why Digital Marketing Is Important
Digital media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information any time and any place they want it. Digital media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what the company says about the brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well.
Challenges Facing Digital Marketers
- Consumers use multiple digital channels and a variety of devices that use different protocols, specifications and interfaces – and they interact with those devices in different ways and for different purposes.
- Digital channels are relatively cheap, compared with traditional media, making them within reach of practically every business of every size. As a result, it's becoming a lot harder to capture consumers' attention.
- Consumers leave behind a huge trail of data in digital channels. It's extremely difficult to get a handle on all that data, as well as find the right data within exploding data volumes that can help you make the right decisions.
Three Keys to Digital Marketing Success
- Manage complex customer relationships across a variety of channels – both digital and traditional.
- Respond to and initiate dynamic customer interactions.
- Extract value from big data to make better decisions faster.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
1. Track customers from the first interaction and throughout the entire buyer's journey With analytics from digital marketing, you can track a potential customer's actions, decisions and preferences, so you have true insight into your audience's behavior
2. Optimize for conversion The ability to track a customer's journey beginning at the first click allows you to test and optimize your website for conversion on an ongoing basis.
3. Connect with mobile customers Having a dominant online presence that is optimized for smartphone and tablet users can influence buying behavior.
4. Analyze and adapt easilydigital marketing provides real, timely data, you can observe and adapt to trends and the actions that real people are taking. You don't have to rely on a sample data set or make any educated guesses - plan, execute, and adapt on the go based on true performance data.
5. Become more competitive Digital marketing is how businesses are working now, and will continue to work in the future.
It's important to understand that digital marketing doesn't apply to our website! However most of the marketers create a website or an e-Commerce and invest in SEO. But to make our business stand out from the crowd, we need a real strategy that puts potential customers first and use all the available tools to acquire them.
Many businesses are reaping the benefits of digital marketing, leveraging advantages that traditional marketing strategies simply can't offer. Thanks to digital marketing, businesses can now have a bigger impact in the way consumers interact with their brands online.